Musings, Ramblings, Questions ~ Answers & Random Thoughts

Sunday, September 03, 2006

TSA - Transportation Security Administration ~ yeah right

Liquids on planes.
We are not allowed to have them onboard an aircraft.
I don't argue any rules that will save my life.
I arrive even earlier to check my bags now ~ (previously I was a chronic carry-on gal)
I pack my lip gloss, shampoo, lotion and toothpaste in my checked baggage.
I present my id and boarding pass to at least 2 TSA agents prior to approaching the security checkpoint.
I take my shoes off, jacket off, remove my laptop from my bag prior to screeening.
I present my boarding pass to the next screener after going thru the metal detector.
I finish my tall non-fat latte before boarding the aircraft.
And yet - no additional screening for liquids has occured.
Not at security. Not at the airport gate prior to boarding.
Why? Because I know the rules, go thru quickly without a trace of notice.

The TSA agents are too busy complaining about how much longer their shift is, why they can't get thier kids to listen to them, whose boyfriend didn't return their text message.
Most members of TSA are even failing to make eye contact with passengers. Fear not the racial profiling - most of these agents couldn't describe a single passenger passing by them in the last 5 minutes.
I hear more personal conversation among agents than anything else!
The poor unfortunate passengers that don't speak english as thier first language suffer the most.
They can't hear the announcements, don't understand to leave boarding passes out, don't know to take thier shoes off....yet the agents think that yelling the commands in a louder voice will make these people understand.
The agents are so annoyed that they rush these passengers thru as quickly as possible - all the while continuing to relate the soap opera of their personal lives.

How are these people protecting us?
I'm smart, terrorists are smart - if you know the rules and follow them to the letter, you can go unnoticed in any airport in this country.

As we approach the 5th anniversary of 9/11 I just wonder, what have we learned?

Are liquids, and nail clippers are true enemies?

3 Comments:

  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Robert said…

    I will claim the honor of being the very first to comment.

    Welcome Ma'am, to the realm of obstinence and ugliness! I am looking forward to ading this one tom y daily list of blogs, with your permission, of course!

     
  • At 5:47 AM, Blogger Netter said…

    Thanks so much Robert!
    I always read the Bastard's post each day (along with the comments), so I look forward to the debates!

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said…

    Are liquids, and nail clippers are true enemies?

    First, welcome!! I suspect you already know, and have known, the answer to that for some time now if you've flown much.

    A spouse asks the other half "does this look ok? It's not too raggedty, is it?" The other spouse says "well, it does look pretty shabby."

    That same critical hehavior can get you arrested, even on the no fly list, if you don't pick your place to say it, very carefully. Airport security? Airport supression perhaps. Security is as bad, or worse, than before 9/11. The same "sneak thru" tests are returning the same results or worse.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home