Musings, Ramblings, Questions ~ Answers & Random Thoughts

Friday, September 08, 2006

Were you born a Republican?


Were you born that way?!

Believe it or not - I have been thinking about the above question for some time.
In my opinion ~ most of the Republicans in my own circle of friends were born that way.
One such person stands out in my mind. Once upon a time I was engaged to a Texas Republican - one day when we were talking, he actually said out loud that the only reason he was a Republican and voted Republican was because his daddy told him to! Yikes! Nothing like finding your own voice!
Lucky for me, I soon saw the error of my ways, broke off the engagement and found the BeltwayB!
Read the article and see what you think.

Are you born Republican?

3 Comments:

  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Robert said…

    Funny, very funny. I wasn't born a republican, but I am sure I had tendancies early on! When I was very young, I had communist tendancies. I remember a conversation with my dad in the early 70s, sometime. My family was struggling financially and my dad and I were in the car going somewhere and I told him that everything should be free. You didnt need money to buy things, you just needed to trade what you made fo what the other guy made. I guess it was my attempt to find a solution for my dad. AS I think back on it, it is funny!

    And thanks for the link, by the way. If you don't want to ruin your lib rep, you can remove it with no hard feelings....

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said…

    That explains a lot. a whole lot. Yep. My weekend is complete and now I will go to bed until Monday Morning.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said…

    I've been trying and trying for so long to tell people - it's an inherited sickness!! Further studies have now shown that, like second hand smoke, your life can be ruined by close proximity!:) Execellent Reporting!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home